23 July 2010

Megan B's Roasted Pumpkin & Fetta Risotto

PUMPKINS are in season, and so affordable, so yesterday I was looking for a simple pumpkin recipe for dinner. I cooked this recipe last night (that's my snap-shot of it, above) and it was a big hit with my whole family. Not only was it delicious, but also well within my cooking abilities.  I would love to have a few more pumpkin recipes - it's such a great winter food.

Please note: This is not my recipe - it was sent in from Megan Blandford who also has a blog here.

Megan writes: "I found (the original recipe) in a magazine at my aunt’s house a few years ago. My husband and I were staying there after doing a five-day hike, so we were copying out recipes like mad – going crazy at the thought of good, fresh food again!"


INGREDIENTS:

800g pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 2cm squares


1 tablespoon olive oil

Salt and pepper

20g butter

1 onion, finely chopped

2 cups Arborio rice

2 cloves garlic, crushed

½ cup white wine

5 cups vegetable stock

½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated

2 tablespoons oregano leaves

150g feta, crumbled


METHOD:

Preheat oven to 200°C

Combine pumpkin, olive oil, salt and pepper, place on an oven tray and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked.

Melt butter over medium heat, add onions and cook until soft and translucent.

Add rice and garlic, stirring for 2 minutes.

Pour in wine and continue stirring until it is absorbed.

Add the hot stock one cup at a time, again stirring until each cup has been absorbed.

Continue until the rice is al dente, then mix in the Parmesan, roasted pumpkin, oregano leaves and half the feta.

To serve, spoon the risotto into bowls and top with the remaining feta.

 
~ Thanks Megan. B!
 
 
Tomorrow: I have a sweet recipe to share with you - with a sweet story behind it.
 
x
 
Megan

2 comments:

  1. Oh, ye gods...I love pumpkin, love risotto, love feta...together, a match made in heaven. THIS is getting a trial run at my place very soon! Yummo!

    ReplyDelete